Where to Get Vaccinated
Check with your doctor first or try these options:
- Vaccine Finder. Check in advance about cost. Influenza vaccine is typically covered by health insurance
- Doctors participating in the California Vaccines for Children Program offer no cost vaccines to eligible children 18 years old and younger
Medical providers are taking every precaution to keep you safe, wherever you plan to get vaccinated.
- We understand you may feel a little uneasy about coming into the doctor’s office, pharmacy or flu clinic this year. Hospitals, clinics and other settings across the state have taken additional safety measures to ensure patients are safe when getting vaccinated.
- Additional safety measures include separating appointment times for sick and healthy patients, masking requirements, additional disinfecting between appointments, physical distancing in waiting areas and many other measures to make sure patients stay safe. Some clinics offer drive-through services, so you can get care without leaving your car.
Local Clinic Information
HSA County Clinics offer a sliding scale payment option and will not turn away those in need of a vaccine. The County has two locations to receive the flu vaccine:
- Santa Cruz Health Center: 1080 Emeline Ave. Santa Cruz | Phone: 831-454-4100
- Please call ahead for hours and appointment times, open Monday-Friday. No drop in appointments are available at this time.
- Watsonville County Health Clinic: 1430 Freedom Blvd. Suite D Watsonville | Phone: 831-763-8400
- October Special: OSOS (One Stop One Shot) drive-thru clinic for flu vaccine. Monday-Thursday from 9am to 11:30am and 1:00pm to 4:00pm. Please call ahead for OSOS appointment.
- Medicare Part B covers one flu shot per flu season. Find locations and more information at Medicare.Gov.
Date updated: 10/13/2020